Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company.
We are in the process of strengthening our Supply Chain organization to maximize efficiency to support our stores while supporting long term company growth. We are seeking supply chain professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
The Replenishment Analyst is a critical member of the Supply Chain team. Working at the intersection of merchants, stores, distribution center, and vendors, the Replenishment Analyst is responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels in the distribution center to support sales, promotions, visual merchandising, and local market trends for their assigned categories. The primary focus of this position is always on the science of distribution, replenishment, capacity, and store clustering. Additionally, working with the Merchandise Planning team, this position is responsible for the timely and appropriate distribution of promotional product to the stores.
Job Responsibilities :
- Executes initial distributions for new product per an established calendar and in accordance with historical sales patterns, fixture capacity, store layout, and promotional or display plans set by the Merchant. Communicates to the Merchant if the initial purchase seems high or low in relation to the initial allocation. Works in partnership with the Merchant to resolve these differences.
- Replenishes products in response to projected sales factoring in marketing plans and other intelligence supplied by the merchant team. Communicates with the Merchants and other members of the Supply Chain team if available inventory is not sufficient for projected allocation needs.
- Prepares as required Excel-based reporting to document key metrics, including store sales-to-stock ratios, percent in-stock for required display quantities, sell-through of distributions on the SKU level.
- Provides timely follow-up to questions from key business partners; as this position is working closely with a broad range of internal partners, clear, concise communication is an essential skill.
- Participates in planning and brainstorming sessions within the allocation team and in business reviews with the merchants and supply chain teams.
- Manages sales-based replenishment/distribution store matrices for the assigned categories.
- AA degree required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 3-5 years retail experience with a minimum of 2 years of allocation experience for a large retailer or comparable experience within a buying or merchandise planning department
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written & listening)
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to achieving targeted objectives
- Familiarity with allocation software, such as the SAS, Manhattan or JDA platforms is a plus
- Mastery of using Microsoft Excel
- Flexibility to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change
- Commitment to working with products and analytics on a granular level
- Ability to build strong partnership relationships
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...