PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To generate and deliver news content on air and online.
• Originate, research, investigate, write, narrate, produce and present stories.
• Conduct necessary interviews.
• Deliver reports. Ensure an accurate and ethical presentation of the news.
• Perform live shots as assigned.
• Collaborate effectively with colleagues in News, Promotion, Production, Engineering and other departments on daily broadcasts, special projects and online coverage.
• Participate in Community Relations/ Public Relations events.
• Develop and deliver ideas for stories that can lead newscasts; exhibit enterprise in pursuit and production of news reports.
• Meet all news production deadlines.
• Position is primarily for morning newscast.
Must be results-oriented, curious, creative, and committed to teamwork. Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
College degree preferred. Two years of reporting experience in commercial television required.
Minimum Education Level
CBS Corporation - 20 months ago