The Orange County Register is looking for a features writer who can create clarity from complexity and can communicate with style, grace and wit.
Mission: We are creating three separate quarterly magazines for our newspaper subscribers. The topics are: health and wellness; home and garden; and the active lives and loves of people 50+. We are seeking an exceptional writer who can provide engaging and essential stories.
The winning candidate must:
• Be a true wordsmith.
• Have a sense of adventure.
• Have a background and interest in health and wellness, home and garden and the lives and loves of people 50+.
• Have effective communication skills and collaborate with the features team, other team leaders, photographers, graphic artists, designers and managers.
• Your writing must be part skill, part craft, part magic. You must have a sense of fun, adventure and be willing to expose some of yourself to your readers.
• You must not only to have written strong profiles and features for the past five years, but they must have been published in respected periodicals.
Candidates should have at least five years of experience as a writer for newspaper or magazine, a deep knowledge of features content and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Knowledge of Orange County is a plus.
If you are qualified and interested, please supply a resume and five published samples of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position pays a competitive salary based on experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and five example of your work to email@example.com.
Freedom Communications, Inc. - 2 years ago