HEINEKEN (www.heineken.com) is one of the world’s leading consumer and corporate brands for more than 130 years. It confronts directly the challenges in many of their markets to deliver organic profit growth, but also focuses on building the long term future of their brands and business. |
One of their key focuses is driving the growth of their brands and improving their financial performance and ensuring that acquisitions, partnerships, and distribution strategies create value. In April of 2008,
the acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle was finalized. The focus is also on enabling employees to use their potential and building a true performance based culture. HEINEKEN is one of the world’s greatest brewers and is committed to remaining strong and independent. With 60,000 employees worldwide and headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, HEINEKEN has roughly 119 breweries in more than 65 countries.
Of HEINEKEN's five regions, the Americas contributes $1.6B in revenue and 10.3M hectoliters (consolidated beer volume). The HEINEKEN AMERICAS regional office is based in New York City, New York with a shared service center in Panama City, Panama. The company distributes brews such as Heineken, Heineken Premium Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, Parbo, Panama and Kalik, along with other international, regional, local and specialty beers. The Americas has 5 controlled operations/breweries located in Panama, Bahamas, St. Lucia, Martinique and Suriname. The organization has key businesses in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama, the Bahamas and partnerships in Chile, Argentina, Brazil and Costa Rica. HEINEKEN AMERICAS continuously strives to grow its business, strengthen its partnerships and recruit talent for the long term.
The position of Reporting & Accounting Analyst is within the Reporting & Accounting Team .
The Reporting & Accounting Team provides internally and externally a clear and right view of the business of the Heineken Americas by being responsible for the Financial and Managerial Reporting Process.
The Reporting & Accounting Analyst reports to the Regional Reporting & Consolidation Manager.
This role performs the following tasks, which are aimed at driving performance, increasing process efficiency, establishing financial controls, and providing key performance measures to the Senior Management and Functional Leads of the Heineken Americas Region. This includes:
· Overseeing and managing the accounts payable/receivable process for the Office,
· Overseeing the office employee expenses process,
· Oversee and manage the monthly closing process: Accruals / Intercompany reconciliation / Tax accounting / Bank reconciliation / Payroll related transactions,
· Prepare and report all financial and managerial information in CIL (Global Reporting Platform),
· Produce Monthly Managerial Reports of the Office and prepare necessary analysis,
· Provide required support the Office Controller during the Planning Process,
· Prepare yearly Financial statements,
· Prepare any Ad hoc reports required by Management,
For this position we would like to get in touch with candidates who:
· Have Bachelor or Master degree (Business Economics or Accountancy),
· Have 2 to 3 years of relevant financial/accounting experience,
· Have the ability to independently engage complex issues and resolve them,
· In general a very good communicator with excellent English speaking and writing skills,
· Have a very pro-active attitude and prefer a hands-on approach,
· Prefers to work in a team and provide guidance to team members and Other Functions in Finance/Accounting related matters,
· Used to work under stringent deadlines,
· Very good knowledge of Excel and affinity with IT applications,
· Experience with a reporting tool such as SAP.
Heineken - 17 months ago
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....