You'll be accountable for fielding the full spectrum of reporting and analytics requests across the marketing organization, proactively partnering with stakeholders across the marketing team to build the systems and processes needed to support our ongoing marketing needs, and collaborating with other quants, marketers, and engineers to instill an analytical and data-driven marketing culture. There's a large volume of requests across a broad variety of stakeholders, so communicating clearly, setting expectations properly, and balancing priorities is also critical to success.
What You’ll Do:
- Write queries, run reports, and analyze data to satisfy stakeholder analytics needs/requests
- Build processes and systems necessary for establishing and distributing marketing dashboards
- Partner with stakeholders to establish analytics and reporting priorities
- Partner with stakeholders to determine how analytics can best support their overall strategies
Strong SQL experience Experience with complex, occasionally disjointed data architecture Intellectual curiosity and a drive to understand how things work Excellent data visualization and data explanation skills Customer and partner focused Process oriented General knowledge of online marketing tactics (SEO, SEM, Display, Email Marketing, Content Marketing) Tinkering and experimenting Keen quantitative sense, balanced with common sense. Analytical thoroughness and rigor, balanced with pragmatism and a desire to get things done. Honed prioritization skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first 2+ years related experience in the reporting and analytics trenches What You’ve Done: Experience with programming/scripting (shell, Perl, Python, etc). Experience with AB testing, attribution modeling, cohort analysis, and customer lifetime value modeling. Experience working with stakeholders at the strategic level to define goals, tactics, and success metrics Love Going to Work: We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work. In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions.
- Manage the flow of ad hoc reporting requests from stakeholders, establishing priorities and setting expectations, and delivering against those priorities
- You're the go-to person who understands how to get the most out of our reporting platform, and beyond that, the person who knows how to get creative with SQL queries to fill in the gaps
- When you don't understand what the business needs from you, you don't hesitate to talk strategy, tactics, and goals with stakeholders
- When you get stumped, you love getting technical with other quants and data scientists at the company
- Develop processes to compile quantitative and qualitative data for marketing dashboards, and broadcast those dashboards across the organization
- Analyze the reporting needs of stakeholders and identify gaps within our current systems and processes
- In the absence of a comprehensive BI platform, act as our human BI platform
- As we build our BI platform, become a power user and trainer
- Partner with IT in the development of more robust reporting and analytics systems
- Partner with our leads team in attributing customer acquisition and understanding effectiveness of different tactics
- Partner with our growth team in running and analyzing experiments and increasing adoption rates
- Partner with our program management team to understand gaps between projections and reality in our budget
- Explore new ways to analyze and visualize data
- Champion data-driven decision making
In 2002, our founders, Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes, set conventional wisdom on its ear by launching a successful enterprise...