Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Reporting & Data Analyst.
Reporting to senior management, this position assumes primary responsibility, with a high degree of authority and independence, for developing, analyzing, distributing, and maintaining research across product lines, channels, and media in order to provide insight into performance and make recommendations in support of acquisition, onboarding, retention, and cross sell efforts. This position is responsible for supporting key analytic tools and driving out enhancements to increase their value and effectivenessas well as conducting exploratory data analysis for analytical project for the Lending Products team.
This individual will be a primary resource for business analysis and reporting, statistical analysis, and identification of performance trends across all Lending Products product lines. The areas/processes that this position will provide analytic and reporting support for include the following: initiative specific analysis, planning/forecasting, campaign/test analysis across media and channels, market sizing for new opportunities, monthly management reporting, and more complex data studies.
1. Design, distribute, and operationalize recurring performance reporting/scorecards as dictated by the business.
2. Manage and/or support ad hoc analytic requests which may require user requirements gathering/clarification and iterative delivery; explore ways to satisfy requests in a logical / repeatable manner.
3. Monitor results (e.g. premium, penetration rates, etc), research causes of performance changes and provided recommended solutions to the marketing analytic managers.
4. Provide reporting, analysis, and recommendations in support of understanding acquisition, cross sell, up sell, and retention results across different products, media, and channels.
5. Consult and recommend strategies to management resulting from their analytical work.
6. Responsible for representing the Product area as the lead subject matter expert for business and technology requirements and the prioritization of critical reporting needs.
7. Responsible for knowing, interpreting, and applying business rules to the database structure to ensure a high level of data integrity and consistency within results.
8. Proactively engage and consult with team members regarding new reporting and analytic needs.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Statistics and/or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
2. Five (5) years experience in marketing, analytics, research or quantitative analysis. Financial services and direct marketing experience is a plus.
3. Highly Proficient in working with analytic and reporting tools such as Access, SAS / SPSS and Excel and proficient working with relational databases. Competent knowledge of SQL a plus.
4. Strong analytic skills including understanding of statistical significance and data mining techniques.
5. Proven teamwork, facilitation, communication and consulting skills.
6. Demonstrated capability to work independently and deliver actionable insight and unique analytical solutions.
7. Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive, results driven environment.
8. Ability to learn and utilize new technologies.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: ARJ20133107-53095
The CUNA Mutual Group, www.cunamutual.com, is the leading financial services provider to credit unions and their members worldwide, offering...