Posting Job Title Reporting Analyst |
Requisition # 139802BR
Posting Location Milwaukee, WI, US
Area of Interest Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas - New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
The Analyst obtains and maintains detailed knowledge of the various business processes within West Region Field Engineering & Operations and how these business groups generate and/or use specific data sets. Additionally, the Analyst is responsible for the consistency and integrity of reporting data. The Analyst serves as a liaison with the end user (Leadership), and the Region's Market level management teams on data collection and the coordination of business requirements for data presentation. The Analyst routinely interacts with key personnel (up to and including Executive Management) to meet all Field Engineering & Operations reporting and data presentation objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily supports the West Region Field Engineering & Operations teams in ensuring the overall efficiency of reporting across business units; continually reviews quality and ensures data integrity for all presentations.
- Works closely with data owners and their respective teams to identify the appropriate sources of data connecting to the Engineering plan of record (POR)
- Interviews business users to obtain data requirements for analytic applications.
- Works with data stewards to evaluate the condition of those data sources; prioritize the data sources; and define appropriate improvements in reporting.
- Works with data owners and their teams to define appropriate logical models that accurately reflect existing business processes.
- Aggregates information across all West Region Field Engineering & Operations groups.
- Assumes ownership of one or more data elements and is the central contact point in the organization in terms of reporting for information about the origins and revisions to those data elements; responsible for the accuracy of the data in these elements, both within operational applications and in downstream data warehouse and reports.
- Will compile and create a monthly report for Engineering exec team.
- Delivering/creating of presentations/reports related to the findings of the analysis.
- Making recommendations or suggestions on process improvements (based on the analysis).
- Communication or presentation to leadership and or different departments on the findings.
- Knowledgeable in programming methodology, computer software, report generation methods, data communication and transaction based processing.
- MARS Reporting, Remedy (Eventtrak), Corporate Customer Care Metrics, Peoplesoft reporting-General ledger, query reporting and creation, Accounts Payable reporting; P&L reporting.
- Deep knowledge of the business, core processes, and how data and applications connect and communicate.
- Experience in Microsoft database technologies.
- Proven ability to prepare and present quantitative information in a professional format that is easy to interpret.
- Understanding of analytical metrics and applying mathematics to business problems.
- Strong analytical skills required developing metric reporting and providing analytical observations in a comprehensive manner.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential to prepare and deliver analysis and reports to leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work in a professional, cooperative manner to successfully interact with diverse employee base and members of cross-functional teams throughout the company.
- Detailed oriented and high degree of accuracy.
- Familiarity with database modeling tools.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services.
- Background in software development a plus.
- Hyperion knowledge a plus.
- Bachelors Degree (BA) in related field
- Two to five years of related experience working as a business analyst in a telecommunications, wireless or cable industry.
- Expert MS Office skills are a must
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AND FREQUENCY:
- Minimal travel within the West Region
- Office environment
- Sitting for long periods of time throughout the work day.
- Use of mouse, and reading on a computer continuously throughout the work day.
- Communicating by telephone frequently throughout the work day.
- Visually able to use a computer continuously throughout the work day.
- The employee must be able to drive and while driving must not pose a threat to the safety of others.
- Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
- Provides specific recommendations for revenue, capital expenditures and/or expenses up to $100m.
- Materials and Equipment used:
- Standard Office Equipment (phone/copier/fax) - frequently
- Computer - frequently
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TIME WARNER CABLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
FCC Unit_TWC 8342
Controlling Establishment ID 00066 - Milwaukee ML King
Time Warner Cable - 21 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...