Responsible for understanding and preparing the Bank's regulatory reports in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting policies. Apply understanding of current report production process and requirements to drive automation of report production through the Finance Data Mart and associated reporting tools.
• Prepare regulatory reports, such as Call Report, FRY9-C, and subsidiary schedules, in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, documentation, and change management approach for impacted reporting areas.
• Discuss and address issues with regulatory reporting liaisons or government regulatory specialists.
• Actively participate in automation efforts to enhance the regulatory reporting process, focusing on using the Finance Data Mart. Partner with business analysts and developers to ensure requirements address the business needs.
• Review, assess, and ensure compliance with new and revised regulatory reporting requirements
• Partner with Operational Accounting, Accounting Policy and Internal Controls to ensure data reflected in the Bank's regulatory reports and the Finance Data Mart are accurate.
• Other ad-hoc projects may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial or regulatory reporting required
• Banking or Financial Services experience preferred • Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access
• Experience using Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...