This position emphasizes a commitment to customer support through the generation and analysis of custom reports with the purpose of identifying trends and opportunities for improvement, providing recommendations to the operations teams based on report findings, assisting the operations teams in drafting reporting requirements and tracking requests through implementation.
Under the direction of Manager and Director, and in addition to the primary responsibilities listed above, analyzes, designs, validates, implements and supports new operational reports for the Student Outreach Solutions' team. Also responsible for assisting in the training of end-users of new reports and maintaining detailed specifications for all reports.
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- 3-4 years of working experience using SQL and/or SAS
- 5+ years of working experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Proven experience analyzing reports and generating conclusions and recommendations for the business areas
- Proven ability to compile and present data for the business areas that address specific process related questions or issues
- Previous project management experience
- Strong working knowledge of the student loan industry
- Strong working knowledge of call center environments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Procedural analysis
- Information engineering/Data mapping
- Testing/Quality Assurance
- Self-service Applications (IVRs, web access)
- Experience working with customer facing systems
- General financial experience
- Problem/Change Management
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- Ability to consistently meet expected deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage and organize multiple projects
- Ability to recognize/analyze/resolve system and procedural problems
- Ability to lead and coordinate activities of a project group
- Ability to perform well under pressure and to work independently with high levels of initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations with minimal consultation
Navient - 20 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...