Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.
This position emphasizes a commitment to customer support through the generation and analysis of custom reports with the purpose of identifying trends and opportunities for improvement, providing recommendations to the operations teams based on report findings, assisting the operations teams in drafting reporting requirements and tracking requests through implementation.
Under the direction of Manager and Director, and in addition to the primary responsibilities listed above, analyzes designs, validates, implements and supports new operational reports for the Private Credit Collections team. Also responsible for assisting in the training of end-users of new reports and maintaining detailed specifications for all reports. Responsibilities will also include:
1. Report Generation
a. Provide on time and accurate distribution of assigned daily/weekly/monthly ad hoc reports
b. Identify and implement opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of assigned reports
c. Provide support to operations team for assigned reports to ensure end user comprehension, issue resolution and data validation as required
d. Periodically review assigned reports with end users to confirm they are still meeting their needs and /or identify any changes to improve effectiveness
e. Identify and implement opportunities to improve the report distribution process for assigned reports
2. Report Development
a. Assist operations and portfolio management teams with identifying and documenting new report requirements
b. Design and develop new reports based on requirements and end user feedback within expected time frames
c. Complete full data validation for all reports prior to distributing to end users
d. Document and maintain detailed report specifications for all assigned reports
e. Identify new data sources required to improve the accuracy of report data and improve reporting efficiency
f. Lead the acquisition and loading of all data into the reporting repository
g. Assist Associates/Analysts as necessary in developing reports
h. Identify new reporting opportunities to improve operational insight into business activity
3. Business/Trend Analysis
a. Include data analysis tools (charts, graphs, pivot tables, etc.) as appropriate to facilitate end user data analysis
b. Proactively review reports for trends in activity and agent performance and provide commentary to end users
c. Provide supplemental reporting as necessary to support research findings
d. Work with operations team to identify data analysis projects based on needs analysis and provide supporting reports and analysis
4. Project Management
a. Manage all outstanding requests to ensure all projects are completed on time
b. Provide regular updates to keep end users informed of progress and issues
c. Lead special projects as assigned, incorporating standard project management methodologies
5. Other duties as assigned
Please note, the successful candidates for this position will become an employee of the bank that will be known as Sallie Mae at the time the company completes the planned split.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- Bachelor's Degree (Information Systems, Project Management, Business Analysis or Statistics)
- 4-5 years working experience using Off-the-Shelf or custom reporting tools such as Business SAS, SQL, Business Objects, Oracle *Business Intelligence, Crystal Reports
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL databases
- Proven experience analyzing reports and generating conclusions and recommendations for the business areas
- Proven ability to compile and present data for the business areas that address specific process related questions or issues
- General financial experience
- 1-2 years project management experience
- Strong working knowledge of the student loan industry
- Strong working knowledge of call center environments
- Exposure to our experience using and /or a thorough understanding of each of the products and services in use at Salle Mae (ViewSA, *CARES, Interactive Voice Response Unit, CLASS, EAGLE, FACS, Artiva, BPS)
- Experience with Service Desk or other problem/changing tracking tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Procedural analysis
- Information engineering/Data mapping
- Testing/Quality Assurance
- Self-service Applications (IVRs, web access)
- Ability to consistently meet expected deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage and organize multiple projects
- Ability to recognize/analyze/resolve system and procedural problems
- Ability to lead and coordinate activities of a project group
- Ability to perform well under pressure and to work independently with high levels of initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations with minimal consultation
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet.
SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Navient - 6 months ago
Navient's mission is to offer integrated Hiring Management Solutions that identify, acquire and align talent at all levels of the...