The Reporting Analyst for the Office of Budget and Financial Planning will be responsible for providing reporting and analytical support to expand and support university financial, budget and financial management reporting applications. The Reporting analyst will also: develop and produce reports, queries and financial management information to support analysis and decision-making; provide complex reporting, data expertise, and technical assistance to support office staff; identify, recommend and implement process improvements to enhance data quality and reports to support management, department and customer requirements and goals; create reporting and data analysis methodologies; develop management reporting training material and documentation for customers and ensure that materials are up-to-date; coordinate new user and ongoing system training sessions; develop and document reporting and data management policies and procedures; develop and maintain data standards and corresponding documentation and organization of electronic files; support project management plans and timeframes, integrating key stakeholders from internal departments, vendors and external support areas; interact effectively with users and management to ensure the delivery and use of applications are consistent with agreed upon project goals; work closely with business managers to improve understanding of applications, including reporting and query functions; identify data sources and collect data for and prepare ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual reports; validate data and review reporting to ensure accuracy and consistency; and perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics or related field, and a minimum of three years of related experience in data management or financial analysis. Demonstrated reporting expertise and experience is required. Strong quantitative and analytical skills required. Knowledge of relational database software and expert knowledge of MS Excel. Familiarity with the principals of finance and budgeting are preferred. Work experience in a public-sector agency or educational institution preferred. Demonstrated general understanding of the business function. Ability to learn quickly, initiate action, and expand skills and knowledge of budget and planning activities.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with advanced knowledge of advanced reporting queries;
- Proficiency with database applications and handling large volumes of data;
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and develop diverse knowledge of business database analysis and retrieval;
- Ability to develop and bring to completion multiple assignments concurrently;
- Ability to effectively present technical concepts and solutions to customers;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to effectively manage complex information;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
UMass Boston provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.
University of Massachusetts Boston - 18 days ago