ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.
The Reporting Developer I works with the Reporting Developer Lead on the day to day development of reporting artifacts and objects, documentation, unit testing and other tasks as assigned by the Reporting Developer Lead and the manager of Business Intelligence & Reporting. The Reporting Developer 1 position is assigned specific tasks and deliverables within a given project or projects. The interactions of this position are typically limited to other team members and, on occasion, with internal customers such as business analysts or developers.
and technical specifications related to their assigned tasks and deliverables.
- Works primarily with other reporting developers and the Reporting Lead Developer.
- Responsible for specific deliverables and tasks as assigned by the Reporting Lead Developer.
- Reads, interprets and executes Reporting Requirements Specifications documents
- Contributes to and helps to maintaining reporting services documentation, including technical specifications, data dictionaries and installation guides.
- Unit tests and validates customer deliveries and documentation.
- Designs and tests simple SQL Server Integration Services packages.
- Designs and tests simple SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Works with source control software.
- Minimal overtime generally required, with occasional nights and/or weekends due to project deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills required both written and verbal.
- Able to read, write and execute basic SQL commands.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Timely deliver assigned deliverables, documentation and other projects.
Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Integration Services; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience sufficient to successfully perform
- At least 3- 12 months technical experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL
the essential functions of the job.
- Limited application development experience in VB.net or C# is a plus.
- Exposure to basic SQL syntax is a plus.
- Exposure to and knowledge of MDX query language is a plus.
- Exposure to working in a diverse and dynamic team environment.
- Prior experience unit testing own work.
- Strong knowledge of the financial industry is a plus.
- Microsoft certified in Business Intelligence, MCTS or better strongly preferred.
- Some understanding of database administration concepts is helpful.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or CIS is required.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 20 months ago