The primary responsibilities of this position are the preparation of departmental production reports and assistance with campaign management.
· Preparation and analysis of department activity reports.
· Compiles, produces, and distributes various weekly reports to team and management including but not limited to: campaign snapshot, group analysis, campaign and recruiter roll up.
· Prepares weekly reports on call activity for each campaign for each recruiter. Posts weekly activity and archives history. Prepares and updates binders and manuals for utilization by management team.
· Assists Project Manager and Vice-President in preparing monthly production reports for the Practitioner Contracting/Communications Incentive Program to track recruiter activity.
· Assists in ensuring data integrity by viewing report analysis prior to submission to Project Manager and/or Managers.
· Research, compile, analyze and report group adequacies on a per-client and global basis.
· Prepares and updates weekly reports, to include client specific reports that capture campaign details and practitioner recruitment activity and determination.
· Prepares and provides month end reports to include KPI’s.
· Assist with technical preparation, maintenance and evaluation of campaigns.
· Assists in campaign assessment through “available to recruit” practitioner recruitment reports, Practitioner Location Reports, and loading of outside lists prior to campaign launch, using Primus and other available resources.
· Assists in Primus campaign loading, assigning and transferring of records/work lists as directed by management.
· Assists in completing pre/post campaign analyses utilizing Geo Access reports, Practitioner Match reports and Fee Schedule comparisons.
· Assist with various other tasks and special projects.
· Utilizes assessment tools to identify, track and report Primus use deficiencies or discrepancies by network team.
· Problem solves with IS and management to resolve and improve Primus database performance.
· Provides Primus training materials and training to new hires and staff as needed.
· Reports to Project Manager any issues/roadblocks and status of progress on all projects.
· Assists with compilation and preparation of department policies and procedures.
· Assists in department administrative tasks as assigned to include schedules for queue and returned mail.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum two years experience performing word processing, spreadsheets, and report generation.
· Proficient in all MS Office applications, including Access, Excel, and Word.
· Experience in health care, health information or related field preferred.
· Ability to work independently.
· Organized, strong analytical skills, time management, excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to conduct formal and informal presentations to the team.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility - Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements - Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions - Usual office setting