The primary function of this position is to design and implement reporting solutions for provider, transactional, and decision support level reporting. Plays a key role in standardizing reports, streamlining reporting processes, and developing a solid reporting architecture that will support current and future reporting solutions.
· Report development.
· Develop reporting solutions for decision support purposes.
· Develop standardized reports for use by end-users.
· Develop, analyze, and document report criteria.
· Migrate reports from multiple solutions to standard reporting toolset.
· Develop and assist with the design of reporting tools associated with ASH proprietary systems.
· Assist in the development of automated and scalable data collection and reporting processes.
· Assist in testing, maintenance, and quality control of databases and reporting solutions.
· Evaluates recurring database issues, researches trends, makes recommendations to Management, and updates queries as necessary.
· Perform quality control on data, including identifying duplicate and missing records and designing quality analysis and data validation processes as necessary.
· Assist with a variety of other data collection, storage, and reporting processes as needed, which may include: consolidating data from disparate sources, such as Excel, Access, and text files so that they can be integrated into SQL databases.
· Review and inventory current reporting solutions.
· Analyzes efficiency of current processes, makes recommendations and streamlines/automates processes.
· Trouble-shoot and maintain existing SQL stored procedures and Access VBA language.
· Generates and conducts quality review on all ad-hoc and scheduled reports as needed.
· Responsible for prioritizing and providing status to Management on assigmments.
· Meets all reporting turnaround times or negotiated turnaround times.
· Serve as a reporting expert for the team and the organization, which may include: developing report requests and interpreting data.
· Maintains working knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility.
· Maintains confidentiality of all member, provider, proprietary and sensitive business information.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
· At least 1 year of experience performing database management.
· At least 2 years experience with developing reports and usage of reporting tools.
· Process oriented focused on standardization, streamlining, and implementation of best practices.
· Highly proficient in T-SQL, SSRS, Access, Excel, and Word.
· Experience in managed health care preferred.
· Experience with ASH processes and systems a plus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications.
· Knowledge of business operations, database structures, and reporting solutions to meet business needs.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 18 months ago