Reporting to the Manager of Sales Development, the Representative of Inside Sales participates in a sales development program geared to prepare entry level candidates for a career within the sports sales industry.
The Washington Nationals Inside Sales team actively supports the Ticket Sales department in selling all levels of inventory at Nationals Park including, but not limited to, premium seating, season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and nightly suite rentals.
This position will focus on upcoming or current Washington Nationals season. This position is a commission driven, part-time position that does not include benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ticket Sales and Service
Maintain Accurate Records
- Establish relationships by making outbound phone calls, setting face to face appointments, and booking ballpark tours to current and prospective clients.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Actively assist customer service efforts by mailing invoices, tickets, or promotion materials to current and prospective clients.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Thrive in a Team Setting
- Maintain computerized records of all season ticket customers and prospective clients with our CRM system.
- Maintain computerized records of all ticket transactions with our ticketing system.
- Utilize time management skills to effectively maintain accurate payroll hours.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform gameday duties such as visiting clients, providing customer service at the sales table, or answering inbound phone calls.
- Actively assist with non-game events, such as NatsFest, Picnic at the Park, Select-A-Seat.
- Represent the Washington Nationals organization at offsite community events promoting Nationals ticket opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Sales Development, Director of Ticket Sales, and Vice President and Managing Director, Sales and Client Service.
- Four year college degree in Business, Sports Management, or related field.
- Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills as well as very strong interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver effective results and meet tight deadlines in a sales environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient in basic computer software programs.
- Strong work ethic and passion to build a career in professional sports sales.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working in sales or sports.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This position will require occasional holiday, weekend and/or evening work.
- This position requires some traveling around the ballpark to visit clients during home games, with the ability to escort and show clients different aspects of the ballpark.
MLB - 22 months ago