To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Provides telephone customer service.
2) Answers calls and greets caller in timely, professional manner. Responds to caller, and identifies needs, answers questions, provides information and transfers calls when necessary. Requires accountability and a wide range of college information to reply to emails sent to the college website.
3) Maintains and updates files. Processes drops or adds student classes, completes applications, changes demographic information, verifies enrollments, processes tuition payments, verifies financial aid information, provides academic and advising assistance and responds to Business office questions related to grants and loans.
4) Faxes or mails schedules, enrollment packets, flyers, bulletins, fee statements and other items.
5) Explains College admission process, reviews admission criteria to selective admission programs and outlines courses required for acceptance into the program for those students as needed.
6) Informs students on College policies and procedures, majors, programs of study and degree requirements.
7) Provides information on course selection, prerequisite authorizations and other permissions needed for student registrations. Provide advising on department and campus processes.
8) Uses the Financial Aid computer system to research student information and provide financial aid information when appropriate.
9) Provide information about Cashier's and Student Accounting processes and disbursement dates.
10) Keeps accurate records. Completes and maintains required documentation including credit card tuition statements, registration reports and prerequisite authorizations or overrides.
11) Maintains confidentiality of student records, financial aid information and other sensitive information.
12) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Minimum qualifications for this position are: High School Degree or GED with 3 to 6 months customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of: standard office practices and procedures; computer programs and application; telephone system operating procedures, financial aid information and academic advising criteria.
Ability to: demonstrate patience and flexibility; work independently demonstrating initiative; exhibit a pleasant public manner and telephone etiquette; exhibit a pleasant public manner and telephone etiquette; answer routine inquiries; maintain confidential and sensitive information; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts and general public; maintain accurate and complete work records; serve as official College representative.
Skill in: verbal and written communications; listening; customer service; data entry; application of job software programs; maintaining and promoting good public relations; networking.
State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s).
Columbus State Community College - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard