Since 1997, Meridian Knowledge Solutions, LLC (Meridian) has delivered cutting-edge technology platforms and custom online courseware, supporting learning and training requirements for every size organization. Meridian’s flagship product is the Meridian KSI Knowledge CentreTM, a robust learning management system (LMS) enhanced with industry-leading knowledge management functionality, along with content management and competency modeling tools.
Meridian is a full-service e-learning and knowledge management company, complementing our robust infrastructure product suite with a comprehensive range of services including custom content development, implementation, consulting, and application hosting.
Meridian is part of the Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) family of companies. For more information please visit http://www.meridianksi.com and www.vipconsulting.com .
Meridian is looking for multiple Requirements Specialists to support their growing needs. This salaried position will be located in their Herndon, VA office.
The Requirements Specialist will assist with developing, maintaining, and delivering consistent, accurate, user-friendly requirements documentation, and developing wireframe designs, when needed. This position involves understanding business needs, analyzing the system and how it works, writing clear and accurate requirements specifications, and designing solutions,. This position requires strong communications skills to collaborate with all team members (developers, testers, trainers and documentation specialists) to obtain key information and answers to fill in information gaps in order to write top-quality requirements for the system. Strong ability to follow both written and oral guidelines/instructions, and attention to detail are required. Desired character traits: trustworthy, honest, helpful, energetic, optimistic, responsive, and reliable.
Specific duties include:
- Identify and gather business requirements through multiple stakeholder interviews, and develop detailed business and functional specifications ensuring prioritized business needs are included to maintain high credibility of the solution proposed in the marketplace.
- Analyze complex Human Capital Management Software functionality and translate stakeholder requirements into a various deliverables including: business and functional specifications, user stories, use cases, workflow/process diagrams, and task analysis diagrams.
- Work collaboratively with the entire product development team consisting of Developers, Testers, Documentation Specialists and Training Specialists.
- Create design documents and user interface designs depicting future capabilities to facilitate design reviews with internal stakeholders and programmers to explore potential solutions using best practices in usability, while keeping in mind performance impacts and time to market considerations leveraging proposed technologies.
- Collaborate with Implementation teams to understand and gain feedback on usability issues to derive a customer centric design.
- Maintain close communication through the lifecycle of each development task and offer guidance and decision making towards successful completion
- Follow and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures as it exists currently within the Requirements Team, including conducting Requirements Walkthroughs to obtain final sign off and acceptance from stakeholders
- Keep track of current trends within Web Technology and how that can be leveraged for the Meridian product suite
- Become Subject Matter Experts on specific areas within the Meridian Product Suite
- Provide internal presentations and demonstrate functionality as developed by the Meridian product team
- Maintain detailed notes and documents that capture thought process and comments leading up to requirements development
- Develops short, concise decision tree questions to allow stakeholders to provide quick responses
- Maintains and updates release documentation
- Identifies existing system inefficiencies and develops solutions to remediate those areas
- Responsible for leading and participating in SCRUM meetings to engage the team in scoping discussions and providing input into schedules and delivery dates
- Ensures deliverables are met on time and on schedule as per workload being effectively allocated
- Strong interpersonal skills required in order to collaborate with the entire product team to achieve the team’s collective goals.
- Responsible for providing effective briefing and reports to internal product teams
- Responsible to work independently or with teams to achieve Product Roadmap goals.
Desired skills and experience:
- 2-5 years of previous Requirements Experience with Internet Technology
- Strong writing/documentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Technically savvy
- Understanding of current web technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication (active listening) skills
- Commitment to quality and to assessing and accommodating user needs
- Exposure to Agile methodologies with a focus towards SCRUM
- No Sponsorship available
Minimum of 3 years within the Enterprise Software industry
Experience working within a software product development environment
Ability to work effectively in a team or matrixed environment;
Ability to adapt to changing environment and requirements as well as the ability to support multiple efforts.
Familiarity with simulation software to develop “proof of concepts”
Experience working with offshore development teams
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or 5+
******All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/F/M/DV. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.********
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard