The Technology Innovation Analyst is responsible for ensuring operational excellence for the Technology Scouting Organization. The successful candidate will work closely with Corporate R&D Program Managers and Subject Matter Experts in Long-Term and Advanced Research functions, and Global Food R&D, Global Beverage R&D, and Global R&D Strategy functions. The successful candidate works with the Technology Scouting Group to perform day-to-day leads management, competitive mapping and landscaping, as well as supporting the organization’s long term business goals for emerging technology platforms.
"Own” overall aspects of successful implementation and adoption of the Technology Tracking database. Maintain the Technology Tracking database.
• Manage inquiries and request for assistance for the Technology Tracking database in a timely manner. Take responsibility for training and roll-out of this key information management tool to key functional areas in R&D
• Ensure that quality assurance standards for data entry are adhered to by database users.
• Provide timely and clear communication to partners, internal Technology Scouting team members, and Senior R&D leadership on technology tracking status, leads, and leads management metrics.
• Coordinate across Technology Scouting team to insure the Technology Tracking database plays a role in optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of technology/innovation leads management.
• Serve as Technology Scouting program liaison for selected Corporate R&D Programs, identify need areas where external technology is necessary for program success, and propose external technology solutions on an as-need basis.
• Define and operationalize best practices for Technology Scouting and Legal Partner agreements and contracts
• Guide Program Managers and SMEs on development of robust, effective, and actionable Lead Area Briefs
• Deliver comprehensive, detailed technology assessments, landscapes and competitive analysis of assigned lead areas
• Capable of influencing at multiple organization levels – up and down
The successful applicant will be detail-oriented; be able to manage several commitments simultaneously; have the ability to meet stringent deadlines; and, issue concise and actionable recommendations and reports on technologies and technology trends and insights.
The ability to communicate well and develop positive working relationships with both internal partners and colleagues in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
The candidate must be able to develop and deliver knowledge-driven recommendations for technology leads; be able to lead and advise on competitive assessment of technologies and companies; and be able to implement and lead key partnerships and execute partnership relationships.
The successful candidate must have a college degree; a Bachelor’s Degree in either a scientific or IT-related discipline is highly desirable.
Candidates must have a working knowledge of modern data management systems.
It is highly desirable that candidates is knowledgeable about scouting innovation leads and can develop and manage a network of innovation sources..
The successful candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills.
Furthermore it is required that candidates must be effective at technology assessment and be able to deliver informative reports and recommendations to R&D program stakeholders and Senior Leadership.
The successful candidate must also have working knowledge of Food and Beverage R&D practices, and conversant in key technology innovation themes across vertical market segments.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a key contributor role is required.
• Excellent communication, inter-personal and customer care skills
• A pro-active nature to include a flexible approach to hours of work and location of duties
• Excellent project management, problem-slover, ability to work in a calm, patient and professional manner
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required; strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.