The successful Research & Instruction Librarian supporting the sciences is a creative, energetic, service-oriented professional who welcomes the opportunity to engage in a broad range of activities including instruction, research consultations, reference service, reference collection development, and developing liaison partnerships with science faculty and colleagues across Library & Technology Services.
As a part of a merged Library and Technology team, the librarian in this position collaborates with Research & Instructional Support team members to develop and provide support for both the information and technology needs for science teaching, learning and research. The librarian in this position also collaborates with colleagues in Library Collections around digital and physical collections in the sciences. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
● ALA-accredited MLS;
● BA/BS in one of the sciences;
● 3-5 years relevant experience in a public service or academic setting;
● demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
● demonstrated experience in and enthusiasm for teaching;
● awareness of new technologies and trends and their application in meeting patrons' information needs;
● excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
● strong group and analytical skills.
● graduate degree in one of the sciences;
● experience with one or more technologies used within Wellesley's science departments (imaging, mapping, computation, statistics and data analysis, data modeling and visualization);
● demonstrated interest and experience in developing innovative, user-centered forms of service delivery;
● demonstrated skill in technical troubleshooting.
Wellesley College :: The College Science Mini-Focus One of the first liberal arts colleges to establish a separate Spelman College, a Black...