This position provides administrative and financial management support for the Center for Multimedia Communications (CMC) and provides project support to the CMC Director who directs research center or academic program, as well as the faculty in CMC. This position has a heavy financial and budgetary responsibilities, including control, planning and making recommendations to the director.
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement.
Related office or administrative experience.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Well-organized, record keeping and data retrieval skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, deadline oriented, excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, diplomacy, confidentiality, attention to detail, quality, accuracy, flexibility, accountability, ability to take initiative and results oriented.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); event planning skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field.
- Five years of experience utilizing a bachelor's degree in business administration or other business related degree preferably in an higher education environment with proficiency in organizational financial management.
- Management of personnel, grants/contracts with federal/state agencies and organizational skills.
- Experience with university policies and procedures is also highly desirable.
- Experience with website creation/maintenance.
Other Skills Preferred
- Familiarity with online grant proposal submission process (e.g., FastLane, Grants.gov, NSPIRES) and an integrated financial system (e.g. Banner, PeopleSoft, SAP).
- Utilization of database systems and software such as FileMaker Pro, spreadsheets (Excel), and strong written and verbal communication skills to write clear, concise correspondence on a wide range of topics.
- Working knowledge of industrial interaction and collaboration, specifically in higher education field.
Must be able to work in an office environment, often at a computer workstation for much of the working day. Must be able to move between buildings widely separated on a college campus and up and down stairs.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
May require long hours and availability outside normal working hours. May be occasionally required to work weekends or evening to meet scheduled deadlines and/or work on major projects. The office environment is fast-paced and sometimes stressful due to interruptions that require successful candidate to be multi-tasking.
$40,300 - $52,800
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional extended work hours may be required based on work load.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...