AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics, is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 90 countries.
The business of analyzing and managing risk from natural and man-made catastrophes, weather, and climate is growing both nationally and internationally. Hundreds of businesses, insurance and re-insurance companies rely on our risk models to determine the frequency and severity of potential loss and to make critical financial decisions. Businesses also use our models to identify how to make their properties more resilient, optimize their financial portfolios, assess profitability of investments, and decide where to expand and contract.
When you join AIR, you’ll be a member of a market leader developing state-of-the-art products and delivering best-in-class consulting services to a variety of clients. You’ll use your expertise and our tools to help develop, enhance, manage, and apply the risk modeling solutions to a variety of client applications and may also be involved with direct interaction with clients regarding the analysis of their portfolios and properties.
Experience, Knowledge and Abilities
- Collect and analyze demographic and economic data for properties at risk to natural catastrophes
- Perform statistical analysis of data
- Use visualization tools such as maps and charts to validate results
- Write technical documentation for internal use and distribution to clients
- Create and deliver presentations of analysis methods and results to coworkers
- Identify areas for improvement and develop practical implementations of improvements
- Work as member of multi-faceted research team
- Ability to gather, understand, and critically analyze demographic and/or economic data
- Knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Programming experience in a high-level language such as SQL, C#, Python or Fortran
- Insurance industry knowledge
- Familiarity with handling raw data and manipulating large data sets
- Experience in GIS
- Experience in risk modeling and/or economic modeling
- Foreign language skills
BS in a quantitative field such as computer science, mathematics, economics, demographic or statistics
Air Worldwide - 17 months ago
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...