This position will work in the Office of School Improvment and is available immediately. We will create an eligible list of candidates to be considered for this position as well as other research analyst 2 vacancies that become available in the next year.
The research analyst 2 performs responsible professional work involving collecting, compiling and analyzing data; prepares recommendations based on data research; and performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College graduation and two years’ experience as a Research Assistant 1 or equivalent.
- Considerable knowledge of statistical practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques and procedures of gathering, assembling and utilizing research data.
- Working ability to operate modern office calculation equipment.
- Considerable ability to make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy.
- Considerable ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Considerable ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the general public and other departmental personnel.
- Considerable ability to determine and solve problems of a complex nature.
This position is open to anyone who meets the position requirements. Qualified candidates will be notified by Human Resources of the next steps in the assessment process.
Exam: Training and Experience Questionnaire
The Training and Experience Questionnaire is an essay-type test in which you are asked to describe your education, training and experience in areas related to this position.
Non-promotion eligible lists typically are pass/fail and promotion lists are ranked. The promotional list of eligibles is considered before the non-promotional list. The eligible list established from this selection process will be used to fill the current vacancy and may also be used to fill potential future vacancies in this title.
A rating of 75% is required to pass the examination.
Training and Experience Questionnaire Weight 100%
The listed examples may not include all duties performed by all positions in this class.
- Designs or revises forms and questionnaires to collect social, economic, demographic, legislative or judicial data.
- Collects and compiles data from primary sources, records or reports; compiles, computes, tabulates and verifies collected data.
- Prepares tables, maps, graphs and charts for visual presentation or to include in various reports; prepares narrative and statistical sections of requested reports.
- Composes correspondence and supplies information concerning reports and/or data requested by citizens, District Staff or outside agencies.
- Initiates and maintains contact with other departments or agencies to facilitate data exchanges.
- Evaluates data for usability and applicability; determines trends or future needs.
- Assists in determining the department’s data needs; coordinates information systems for departmental utilization; develops and maintains information databases for departmental use.
- Attends meetings, hearings and conferences of departmental interests; researches and presents requested data to committees, conferences or meetings.
- Assists in formulating recommendations based on data research to be used for determining departmental or District policy.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position working 12-months per year.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Professional Employees Association (PEA) negotiated labor agreement. The labor agreement and salary schedule can be found at http://hr.spps.org/Labor_Agreements.html . The minimum rate of pay for this position is $45,632 annually.
Benefits are available to new employees after 30 days of active employment. Benefits include medical insurance, life insurance, sick leave, pension plan, tax-free retirement account, and flexible spending account. Some employee groups also receive vacation, dental insurance and disability insurance. A benefits summary is available at http://www.hr.spps.org/Benefits_Summary_by_Union.html .
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.