The Research Analyst I must be a team-player who works closely with the Director, Institutional Research and other members of the Institutional Research staff to support the collection, analysis, management and reporting of key university information used in strategic planning, decision making and for other purposes. The Institutional Research Analyst is responsible for responding to data requests, assisting in the collection of data from a variety of sources; documenting and clarifying data flow; organizing, cleaning and cross-checking data; and, conducting simple data analyses and preparing reports. The Institutional Research Analyst should stay abreast of higher education trends and effectively communicate and share them with the IR team.
Statistics, math, applied math or economics.
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Research Assistant experience.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Must pay great attention to detail and strive for a high level of accuracy in day to day work, including setting up procedures to cross-check all data and analyses.
- Must have advanced Excel skills including the ability to create and use pivot tables, and experience with SPSS or other statistics package.
- Must be an analytical thinker, inquisitive, organized , keen to learn new data and modeling tools.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via email, phone and in person; accomplish tasks in a time sensitive manner; build and maintain relationships with key offices on campus.
- Positive, customer service work style.
Strong analytical training, basic statistics coursework, including introductory regression analysis.
- Two or more years of experience working in institutional research or other closely related field requiring data collection, review and analysis.
- Experience in a data analysis role in a higher education, medical or corporate setting.
- Experience with statistical modeling.
Other Skills Preferred
May be required to work in front of a computer for extended periods of up to 8 hours a day. Must be able to get around campus to attend meetings.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
- May be required to travel for conferences (one to two times per year).
- May be required to work extended hours, work early in the morning, late in the evening or on the weekends to meet project deadlines.
$46,300 - $60,800
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...