The Research Analyst II position provides critical quantitative and qualitative data analysis support to inform institutional improvement efforts. As part of the Assessment and Evaluation unit, this position serves as an essential resource for determining the effectiveness of university policies and programs. The ideal candidate will possess keen analytical skills and enjoy working with teams to promote student and institutional success.
The Research Analyst II position is a full-time employment opportunity. As a valued member of Ashford University’s Planning and Effectiveness unit, the Research Analyst II reports to the Associate Vice President for Assessment and Evaluation and conducts research with the guidance of senior researchers and evaluators. This is a full-time position located in San Diego, CA. This qualified individual will play a critical role in a research and evaluation team whose responsibility is to partner with Ashford University administration, faculty, and staff in using data to drive planning and decision making.
The individual in this position will design and conduct quantitative research and analysis utilizing descriptive and inferential statistical techniques, qualitative and mixed methods research and evaluation, to answer questions that impinge on Ashford’s effectiveness. In collaboration with Planning and Effectiveness unit team members, this researcher will provide in-depth information, interpretation, and recommendations about strategic issues and initiatives that contribute to Ashford’s success.
Essential Job Duties:
- Under the guidance of senior researchers, conduct high-quality quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research and analysis, from conception through final report, to provide insight and actionable results and recommendations.
- Assist senior researchers, as needed, to support complex research, assessment, and evaluation projects.
- Consult with data owners, department managers, and Planning and Effectiveness team members to understand the issue or problem for which research is to be conducted and determine the appropriate research design.
- Conduct literature reviews and develop background information relevant to research projects as needed.
- Participate in data collection activities involving development and administration of surveys, interviews, observations, focus groups, tests, institutional databases, and other methods, as appropriate.
- Collect, clean, and prepare data for analysis.
- When appropriate, extract student level data from the student information system and combine with survey and other types of primary and secondary data.
- Participate in program evaluations with senior researchers, including needs assessments.
- Effectively utilize statistical techniques as appropriate to meet decision makers’ needs; assuring that all assumptions of the techniques are tested and evaluated.
- Create effective displays of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure deadlines are met.
- Positively contribute to the Planning and Effectiveness unit’s research and evaluation team discussions and projects to assure innovative, high-quality research.
- Effectively collaborate with administrators, faculty, and staff who use this unit’s services and other departments that provide analytical support and applications development.
- Participate in professional development to assure currency and continuous skill enhancement relevant to institutional needs.
- Adhere to professional research and statistical protocols and standards in support of high quality research.
- Adhere to data confidentiality and security standards and protocols.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good understanding of descriptive and inferential statistical techniques and their appropriate use and interpretation.
- Demonstrated expertise with statistical techniques and their application to practical problems.
- Experience preparing data for analysis and using data management techniques, e.g. cleaning, coding, processing, classifying, storing, and documenting.
- Demonstrated expertise in using statistical analysis and data mining software packages such as SAS, SPSS, Tableau. Prefer experience utilizing large, complex data sets extracted from enterprise systems.
- Ability to use data and research to answer applied questions, select appropriate technique, use data visualization and presentation methods appropriate to the audience, and effectively communicate recommendations.
- Ability to consult in advance with users of the research to understand their questions and problem the research is intended to address.
- Ability to productively contribute to research team comprised of members with varying levels of expertise and methodological backgrounds.
- Familiarity with common data confidentiality and security protocols.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Independent thinker; Team player.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Employment experience in higher education, preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Master’s Degree required.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 18 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...