Our firm is seeking a Research Analyst for our Portland, OR office. The employee in this position prepares and writes quarterly market reports, actively participates in client meeting and presentations with brokers and marketing staff in support of ongoing and ad hoc research projects.
Ad hoc research projects include the synthesis and analysis of data concerning local and regional, commercial real estate trends. Occasionally national and global economic databases may be accessed to complete projects.
This position sits in Portland, Oregon
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Provides research representation and expertise in client meetings/presentations.
- Responsible for collection, maintenance and preparation of property data required for writing quarterly statistical reports as well as other ad hoc reports.
- Compiles and writes quarterly market reports statistics, graphs, and charts. Uses industry experience to synthesize an insightful analysis.
- Tracks market activity using internal and external resources.
- Proactively conducts research with the focus on revenue, leasing/sales opportunities, and/or community involvement.
- Additional report, article and forecast writing on an as-needed basis.
- Supports national research projects on an as-needed basis.
- Provides exceptional client service.
- Consistently demonstrates corporate values, and encourages and coaches other to consistently demonstrate those values.
- Tracks market activity using internal and external resources. Provide company and industry research using Internet, on-line, and in-house resources.
- Generate space surveys, building profiles, and property comps as requested by brokers.
- Provide market forecasting and trend analysis as appropriate.
- Interface and provide market data to local media, banks, real estate institutions, appraisers, and other organizations as requested.
- Maintain library of real estate publications.
- Assist brokers with listing presentations by providing market analysis, statistics and direct research support.
- Read and collect relevant articles from newspapers, business magazines and on-line resources and forward to interested parties.
- Internally communicate and promote Colliers research resources and capabilities to the brokers.
- Work closely with the marketing team to gain press coverage for Colliers. Be available to answer reporter’s questions.
- Maintain local Colliers city page on Colliers.com including: updating local market news, current listings, research reports and publications, announcements, links, and city services.
- Train brokers in use of desktops data applications such as Real Quest, Costar, LoopNet, etc.
- Assist with mapping projects.
- Provides secondary support for marketing, communications, and database related projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- BA/BS or equivalent required.
- Proficient technical writing experience.
- Research experience, preferred.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, familiar with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Proficient with databases, familiarity Co-Star, Loop Net and/or other Real Estate related property databases, preferred.
- Ability to use internet search engines for research.
- Ability to use email and other forms of electronic communication.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
The successful candidate will embody key attributes or characteristics in the following areas:
Compensation and Benefits
- Ability to multi-task, managing several projects at once.
- Uncompromised ethics and integrity.
- Additional computer proficiency is required with an ability to research multiple subjects on the internet and manipulate graphics.
- Candidate must be self-starter who is well-organized, self-motivated, efficient, responsible, and dependable. The candidate must also be able to take directions and have adequate interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colliers International - 13 months ago
Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated...