This is responsible, professional work supporting College-wide research initiatives in the office of Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Planning. Work includes the collection, organization, analysis, and presentation of data associated with institutional effectiveness; work associated with this position will yield evidence of learning outcomes assessment, grant analysis, and college-wide uses of institutional research.
Compiles and reports program effectiveness indicators for program reviewers through developing queries against a variety of data platforms.
In collaboration with the Director, provides Program Directors, Department Chairs, and Administrators with accurate, timely enrollment reports and student instructional report data tailored to meet the constituent’s needs.
Provides various ad hoc reports using SAS enterprise, SQL Developer, and other query development platforms from beginning of term and end of term state data files as required by college committees, councils, and task forces.
Creates data sets using data elements from state verification reports, end of term data files, and beginning of term data files that will be used in longitudinal research into student success.
Conducts data analyses in support of grant proposal and evaluation efforts using query and statistical analysis software.
Develops data sets that are amenable to statistical analysis from state data files, SIR II, SENSE, and other satisfaction data tables in support of unit improvement planning.
Applies statistical methods for problem solving and supporting administrative decision making.
Collaborates effectively with administrators, deans, faculty and others to achieve departmental goals set by the Director of Institutional Research.
Prepares and provides up-to-date status reports on assigned projects.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in mathematics, statistics, social science or related field and two years (2) full-time professional experience working with statistics, research methodology, institutional research or related field.
Experience using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
Experience with SAS (9.3 and Enterprise) or SPSS.
Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and data structures.
Personal and educational philosophy compatible with the goals, objectives and mission of the College.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
* Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Utilize effective organizational skills and multi-task, while displaying attention to details.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in mathematics, statistics, social science or related field.
Experience using SQL.
Experience with SCT Banner and Crystal Reports.
Experience with the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) data definitions.
Experience with the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) state file formats.
All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
* Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicate and collaborate with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills necessary.
Fully complete the application form. All work history must be included on the application and all fields must be accurately and specifically completed.
Candidates must list ALL work experience which proves sufficient for meeting minimum qualifications of this position.
Unofficial transcripts MUST be uploaded to the applicant system. It is suggested that all documents be uploaded as PDF documents.
- Candidates must upload copies of ALL transcripts (need not be official at the time of application) which prove sufficient for verifying minimum qualifications of this position.
- Official transcripts for all coursework and degrees are required at the time of hire.
- Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a bonafide U.S. evaluation service. The evaluation must be uploaded to the application.
PLEASE NOTE: Additional documents or changes cannot be made to your application once it has been submitted.
We regret that we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed or hand delivered application materials outside the Edison online e-Jobs system.
A selection committee will review application packages and will select a limited number of qualified applicants for interview.
Criminal background check and fingerprinting will be required of the final candidate.
Edison State College is proud to be a tobacco-free organization.
Edison State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Edison State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access, or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College's Equity Officer.
The College’s Equity Officer/Title IX Coordinator is:
Ronald A. Dente, Jr.
Director, Human Resources/Assistant General Council
Royal Palm Hall N-120 – Lee Campus
8099 College Pkwy. SW
Ft. Myers, FL 33919
Florida SouthWestern State College
- 3 years ago - save job