About Farm Family:
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k), flexible Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and Flexible Spending programs.
Farm Family is looking for a Research Analyst to join our R&D team!
The Research Analyst within Actuarial Research is responsible for gathering and preparing the data, performing the analysis and communicating the results of predictive modeling and other actuarial research & development projects.
Essential functions include:
· Perform data preparation, manipulation and preliminary analysis
· Develop models, which includes by-peril or by-coverage frequency, severity and pure premium GLM models for pricing analysis and equivalent models for non-pricing studies.
· Incorporate business decisions into the models by working with Product, Pricing and other areas to create the appropriate balance of data-driven and business-knowledge-driven models.
· Perform validation and testing on the models
· Translate the models into system requirement specifications
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in math, statistics, economics, computer science or related field
· At least one (1) year of experience in Property & Casualty Insurance
· At least one (1) year of experience in building or supporting predictive/statistical model projects or applicable advanced degree
· Very good attention to detail and drive to provide high quality results
· Working knowledge of GLM modeling
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Qualified applicants can submit their resume by clicking the following link: