GfK Boutique Research is a team of analysts carrying out in-depth analysis on GfK sell-out data and triangulating it with external data points to explain and anticipate developments in the technology-device marketplace.
Our team is divided between offices in Boston, New York, London and Hong Kong, and is a very multi-national group including more than 10 different nationalities. The combination of locations and a diverse team is a key strength, enabling us to readily serve clients and interact effectively in different markets around the globe.
Our mission is to leverage GfK sell-out data to deliver timely, primary and incremental research to decision makers in the technology goods industry. Clients include major branded and supply chain manufacturers as well as investors. The team’s sales have grown every year since it was founded in 2002 by focusing on clients’ needs. We deliver value by providing relevant forecast and analytical support to decision makers. We value ingenuity, simplicity and dedication to the achievement of team objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other responsibilities may be allocated by the line manager to ensure the effectiveness of the group. It is expected that employees adhere to any specific deadlines set in respect of Company issues relating to professional servicing (internal and external) and objectives. The detail and scope of this Job Description may be altered to take account of changing company needs.
- Analysing the fundamental health of the handset industry and companies within it using GfK’s proprietary end-demand POS data
- Comparing the signals coming from our data with other external data points, such as company reports, news stories, etc.
- Creating research reports on the handset and wireless component sectors from our data every two weeks
- Effectively communicating our messages to our clients, top tier hedge funds and mutual funds
- Being a part of an international team which include members in Boston, London, & Hong Kong
- Enable Timely Primary Incremental (TPI) content creation
- Earn attention from C-level users/clients
- Create Timely, Primary Incremental research (GfK Boutique Research Motto)
- Generate forecasts (demand and supply)
- Thematic analyses, report ideas and text, analytical charts
- Overnight News comments (Boutique’s newsletter)
- External information triangulating (including identifying daylight between GfK data and consensus)
- Lead briefings on focus area
- Build deep industry knowledge to support thought-leadership
- Deliver briefing for whole sector when other Senior Analysts and Sector Lead are absent
- Obtain feedback from clients on analytical topics and service development
- Build relationships with clients and prospects Identify and propose new product opportunities
- Not accountable for: handling disaggregated data
- Content and report creation (with rest of sector team)
- Coach junior analyst (with local director)
- Product improvement/development prioritization
Experience and Skills:
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
- Experience in analyzing data and delivering actionable research to senior decision makers
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional communicator, oral and written
- Ability to delegate
GfK Custom Research North America - 19 months ago