Deadline to apply: September 20, 2014
Desired start date: October 1, 2014
Length of Commitment: 1 year commitment required
Please note: U.S. work authorization is required
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in New York, NY, Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a Research Analyst to join the Data Analysis/Data Publication team. This team is leading an innovative and exciting new part of IPA’s effort to promote high quality research: releasing research data from social science experiments publicly, for re-use and replication. IPA is collaborating with the Institute of Social and Policy Studies at Yale University on this initiative (more information here ).
- Pioneering usage of new data curation software developed for our project, as well as contributing to the development of a site for sharing the data
- Replicating analysis underlying publications and checking data for usability prior to release
- Helping to formulate new guidelines for managing and sharing research data, and rolling out guidelines in global training events and in IPA country offices in Africa, Latin America, and Asia
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a social science discipline or Statistics/Mathematics, though other majors considered. Candidates with higher degrees in Information/Library Science, with some statistics background, are also welcome
- Experience doing analysis using statistical software (Stata preferred, but other experience with R, SAS, SPSS, etc. is acceptable) and high attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for high quality and transparent research practices, excellent critical thinking skills and clear written/verbal communication style
- Preference for candidates able to work from the IPA headquarters in New Haven, CT. Candidates who live elsewhere, but who are able to spend several days per week in New Haven, will also be considered
1. To apply, please click here .
2. Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application . Please select the position(s) you are interested in applying for on the 'Submit Application' page. Include two letters of recommendation, statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts. We will consider your application even if you are unable to obtain reference letters before the deadline, but please be advised that we will be requiring them should you be invited for an interview
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-203-772-2216.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Research Analyst . The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com .
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.