- Monitor existing investments and produce actionable recommendations to the Investment Committee. This includes regular meetings with Strategy Working groups within the Research function (quantitative, qualitative and operational in focus) and producing detailed fundamental analysis and opinions supported by quantitative analytics.
- Assist in sourcing new investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of credit, equity, and event hedge fund strategies.
- Identify and produce analysis on global research topics that support thought leadership at the firm.
- Support business development and client management activities as it relates to research and investment activities.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, prospects, investment managers and other market participants.
- Willingness to travel.
- 3 - 10 years of direct investment or capital markets experience with familiarity with various hedge fund strategies
- Research / due diligence-intensive experience strongly preferred
- Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work strict deadlines under pressure
- Possesses good organizational and prioritization skills
- Assertive, determined approach, see tasks through to completion
- Ability to work on own initiative with a high degree of innovation
- Excellent team player and confident in building relationships across the globe both inside the firm and externally
- Accuracy, data awareness, and attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. MBA and/or CFA strongly recommended.
Mesirow Financial Holdings is an employee-owned company with nearly $380 million in equity investments and a global reach. Clients,...