SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
Job Title : RESEARCH ANALYST
Purpose : The RESEARCH ANALYST will provide research support for all of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW’s campaigns to build power and improve standards for healthcare workers. Campaigns can include bargaining and contract fights, external organizing campaigns, issue fights, and public policy campaigns.
- strong commitment to social and economic justice
- understanding of power and how it works in our society, politics, and economy
- bachelor’s degree with course work in economics, finance, and/or accounting
- financial and public policy analysis skills
- The ability to do deep analyses of healthcare employer finances and business models is essential to the role.
- understanding of collective bargaining and of the role of organized labor in the workplace
- strong writing skills
- knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry and/or the public sector preferred
- ability to work as part of a team, delegate work, share leadership, share credit, and measure one’s success in part by helping others succeed
- ability to manage complexity and simplify challenging problems
- willingness to work long and irregular hours as needed
- proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as good internet research skills; experience with database technologies is a plus
- compiles, analyzes, summarizes, and presents information on industries, companies, individuals, and issues in support of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW’s program
- Analyzing healthcare employer finances and business strategies will be a sizable share of the work.
- gathers information through desk research as well as field research, both qualitative and quantitative – including site visits, interviews, surveys, networking, attending public meetings and industry events, and so on
- synthesizes relevant facts from a large amount of information
- responds to requests for information from the local union officers and appropriately defines and develops them; makes referrals as necessary
- works with other staff and union members to gather and to provide information
- develops and implements a weekly work plan; meets deadlines
- learns and develops new skills
- performs other duties as required to support the union and its mission
Direction and Decision Making : This position reports to the union president or to the senior staff member leading a specific area of work.
Physical Requirements : Work is performed in an office setting and in the field. Long hours and periods of extended travel may be required. Ability to drive, access to a reliable automobile, and possession of a valid Washington state driver’s license required.
Compensation : Competitive salary and excellent benefits as set by collective bargaining agreement. The salary range is $45,800 to $70,500 (depending on experience) plus an automobile allowance.
Employment Term : This is a permanent position, with a six (6) month initial probationary period.
Please upload a résumé, cover letter, and a short writing sample when you apply.
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Service Employees International Union - 10 months ago