WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Works with clients to analyze needs for information and converts them into action items, requests or projects
- Manages and/or conducts various phases of research including: proposal, design, execution etc.
- Will be assigned to a specific area such as: Consumer, Operations & Business, Auto Technology, Building Technology, Organizational Behavior and Usability Research or the Research and Development Center
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with manufacturers and facilitates related work across State Farm
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Applies specialized knowledge of research concepts and techniques to a broad range of disciplines within research
- Familiar with insurance principles and insurance and financial services operations affecting work of unit
ITEMS OF NOTE
The Customer Experience Monitoring group at State Farm is seeking a Competitive Intelligence Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for researching information and analysis about how the current and future State Farm customer experience compares to competitors. You will collaborate with other researchers and analysts within the organization to articulate consumers' needs, preferences, and expectations in order for the company to enhance its customer experience. The Competitive Intelligence Analyst position will be located in Atlanta, GA. This will be a start-up opportunity that will work closely with an existing team in Bloomington, IL.
The skills required for this position are typically associated with a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or a related field. Ideal candidates should have:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, with a keen attention to detail
* Solid analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to explain important issues
* Ability to effectively use available resources and proactively seek additional research resources
* Willingness to work independently, assume additional responsibilities on short notice, and to be a self-starter
* Ability to develop efficient processes and prioritize work effectively
* Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with State Farm associates at all levels of the organization
* An understanding of the insurance and/or financial services industry is preferred
Key Job Responsibilities
* Stay current on consumer trends with regard to the insurance and financial services industry.
* Gather, classify, and analyze competitive intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources
* Prepare objective, high quality written reports and give oral presentations on specific competitors and/or industry trends
* Develop process for documenting, tracking and reporting on all currently available competitive intelligence information
* Coordinate collaboration with other teams to share and integrate related findings
* Summarize best practices in customer experience across industries
* Serve as the primary point of contact for questions about the competitive customer experience.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...