The Cadmus Group, Inc. is searching for two entry-level positions in support of research and policymaking on public health, environment, and energy issues (e.g. water quality and energy efficiency). The position is located within the Environmental Science and Policy Division, but will also work on projects for our Energy Services Division and its non-governmental clients (e.g. for-profit electric utilities). Because an important part of the position’s responsibilities is custom-making mathematical and statistical programs and application development, candidates should be comfortable with educating themselves in (as well as taking direction in) new math/stat/programming tools. The ideal candidate would have upper-level coursework in mathematical statistics and/or demonstrated coursework/understanding of energy from a mechanical (or environmental) engineering approach and be able to take direction and work independently. Experience managing large relational databases using Oracle or SQL server is also desired as well as business analysis skills. Previous professional experience in a consulting office or a research office is preferred but not required; likewise, extensive coursework in economics is desirable but not required. Successful candidates will possess sound quantitative reasoning, strong organizational abilities, fine oral communication skills, and an undaunted approach to problem-solving.
- Research and write high-quality deliverables for clients.
- Code programs for both data analysis and simulation models.
- Provide logistic and administrative support for Cadmus project staff.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, or in a team, as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, environmental science, or a related field (emphasis on GPA).
- Clearly competent in 1 or more functional programming languages (we mostly use R, SAS, and VB).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Strong skills in writing and research (e.g. literature reviews).
- Dedicated work ethic, particularly in crunch-time.
- Demonstrated interest in the environment.
These positions are located in our Columbia, SC and Raymond, NE locations. The Arlington, VA office may be considered as an alternative to the Columbia, SC office. The NE position may be located in a home office.
These positions also will work closely with staff located in our Arlington, VA and Waltham, MA offices.
Cadmus is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity employer.
The Cadmus Group, Inc. - 22 months ago