Western & Southern Financial Group has an immediate opportunity for a Research Analyst.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provides support to Insurance Operations by conducting research and proactively searching various sources to identify customer contact information. Completes reports and projects as directed by management. Works with some supervision and is responsible to make a minimal range of decisions; escalates to manager when appropriate and updates manager on a regular basis.
- Evaluates missing policyholder information and completes research through a variety of resources and channels to include online/public sources, vendor reports, attorneys, physicians, hospital personnel, employers, state and federal government entities, funeral homes, Probate courts and other pertinent third parties.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to internal and external customers.
- Researches and responds to state Department of Insurance requests concerning potential policyholder information, while adhering to state regulations.
- Handles complex technical/research issues and applies specialized knowledge of research concepts and techniques to a broad range of procedures, which may include analyzing specific and unique cases to gain additional information. Exercises independent judgment in defining the nature and scope of research by evaluating the most cost effective and logical next step in order to proceed.
- Communicates through clear, concise, and well-constructed written correspondence and verbal communication while conducting outbound telephone calls to external clients and/or district office personnel to gather current customer contact information for all business units within the W&S Enterprise.
- Updates internal databases and systems with current customer information or other pertinent details.
- Responsible for completing project work as assigned by management. Projects include but are not limited to compiling and preparing various monthly, quarterly and yearly reports detailing activities.
- Assists in the implementation, documentation, and rollout of new processes, procedures, manuals, and materials related to on-the-job training; provides on-the-job training as necessary.
- Upholds the highest level of integrity regarding compliance with all Company ethics, privacy policies and industry regulations.
- Performs other job duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs to internal or external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner. This would include strong telephone communication and etiquette skills.
- Demostrated knowledge and experience with various research database systems and general research concepts.
- Proven experience handling and coordinating multiple assignments and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organization and analytical skills. Expected to cite examples of organization skills and methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team and independently, including identifying and resolving problems where independent decision making and initiative were demonstrated.
- Experience adapting and demonstrating flexibility associated with changes to policies/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Working knowledge of internet research websites, word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail applications.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial - 18 months ago