Reports to Dr. John Chiang, Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Pathology. Responsibilities include research functions under general supervision.
Responsibilities include research functions under general supervision.
• CELL CULTURE : Maintain cell cultures.
• ANIMAL CARE : Monitor animals housed in the CMU facility. Assist in mouse breeding according to IACUC protocols, assist in genotyping.
• MOLECULAR BIOLOGY TECHNIQUES : Perform PCR , preparation of plasmids, isolation of RNA from tissues and cultured cells, western immunoblot, chromatin Immunoprecipitation assays, among others.
• ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES : Perform analysis of lipids, proteins, and RNA , statistical analysis of data.
• MISCELLANEOUS :
o Analyze data and report results to supervisor.
o Maintain accurate and complete laboratory notebooks.
o Accurate preparation of reagents for use in the laboratory.
o Maintain laboratory equipment.
o Maintain general laboratory cleanliness and safety.
o Literature searches pertaining to areas of research interest.
o General knowledge of computers and various computer software programs.
o Assist in order laboratory supplies, and grant accounts.
Education/Degrees: BS in science with emphasis on research techniques or an equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
Experience: Previous experience in a research biological laboratory required.
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Good aptitude and skills in laboratory procedures and techniques.
• Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Good organizational skills with regard to lab supplies, data, ordering and inventory.
• Ability to work independently.
• Desire for personal professional growth.
NEOMED - 21 months ago