The Connecticut Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory (CVMDL), Department of Pathobiology and Veterinary Science, provides diagnostic testing and disease surveillance for infectious diseases of critical importance to both animal and human health. The Molecular Diagnostics Section of CVMDL is seeking a Research Assistant II (Technician) to assist in performance of daily molecular testing, as well as backup testing in other laboratory areas, to include:
- Sample processing according to current standard operating procedures
- Communication of test results to appropriate personnel, clients, or agencies
- Routine maintenance of equipment
- Maintenance of records
- Adherence to all quality assurance policies and procedures
- Test development and implementation
- Student projects/training
1. BS in science-related field and two to three years of post-degree experience or an M.A. or M.S. and from no experience to one year of post-degree experience working in a molecular laboratory
2. Computer literacy
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
4. Strong work ethic
1. Advanced skills in molecular techniques
2. Skills in test implementation and development
3. Experience in diagnostic laboratory setting
4. Familiarity with Quality Assurance programs
5. Exposure to/experience in other laboratory techniques (virus isolation, serology, microbiology, etc)
6. Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
7. Experience/interest in working with students
This is a full-time, annually renewable position.
Interested applicants should apply online through Husky Hire. Submission must include a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references. Screening of applications will begin immediately. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 3/26/2013.
University of Connecticut - 17 months ago