The AIR Health Policy and Research (HPR) group specializes in research, evaluation, policy analysis, measurement, performance management, and technical assistance in the areas of patient and consumer engagement, quality and performance measurement, delivery systems improvement, and cost and coverage. HPR’s major clients include the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), private foundations, and state governments.
The Research Assistant Intern will provide support to the HPR staff on a variety of research and operations-related topics to include literature searches, data collection, analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, report preparation and management schedules for proposals and projects.
We have openings located in our Washington, DC; Silver Spring, MD; San Mateo, CA and Chapel Hill, NC offices.
• Successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and analytic skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidate will preferably have exposure to quantitative or qualitative research and analysis and should expect to further hone those skills on the job.
• Participate in data collection and analysis further building on analytical skills and knowledge of software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, NVIVO)
• Currently pursuing a Masters’ or doctorate degree
• Candidate should have strong organization skills, basic social science or policy research skills (e.g., literature reviews, systematic reviews) and writing skills.
• Field work in qualitative or quantitative data collection or analysis is a bonus.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...