The Affymetrix Research Services Group is looking for a highly motivated, creative thinker who can be part of a team focused on high throughput genotyping, DNA copy number, and DNA extraction. This job requires a highly dedicated individual, who is a quick learner and enjoys challenges.
Job duties and responsibilities are initially focused, but not restricted to:
- Reagent preparation and quality control
- Reagent/sample accession and database entry
- High Throughput Genotyping utilizing Affymetrix Axiom technology
- Quantitation/Normalization of nucleic acids utilizing automation
- Data entry into laboratory information management system
- Calibration and preventative maintenance of all equipment. Documentation of these activities
- Applicants should have a BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2yrs of laboratory experience. Experience can be derived from internships or positions held post graduation
- Individual must work well in a team environment
- Self motivated
- Seeking challenges
- Capacity to learn new technologies/concepts rapidly and apply them to the needs of the lab
- Excellent at record keeping and highly organized
- Willingness to work night shift . Position will begin as a day shift so that training may occur. Within two to three months, position will likely migrate to night shift.
Affymetrix (AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. The vision, innovation, and devotion of Affymetrix employees help us empower scientists around the world to alleviate human suffering. It is not just the sheer power of GeneChip® technology that inspires us; it is the potential for it to help people.
The culture at Affymetrix is based on core values of daring, passionate and platinum. Our employees create a highly energized, team-oriented work environment. We are an employer committed to supporting the aspirations and achievements of our employees and offer our employees a comprehensive, competitive program of benefits and a corporate culture based on core values of daring, passionate and platinum.
**Affymetrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to a diverse workforce is demonstrated through all aspects of our hiring and employment practices.**