KAI Research, an Altarum company, is recruiting for a Research Assistant to work in our Clinical Research Strategies and Systems Practice Area. The Research Assistant supports project managers in completion of commercial and government research projects. The Research Assistant performs duties under the direction of the operations manager and more experienced staff. Creates, reviews, and maintains project documentation according to project requirements. Investigates problems and resolves or recommends solutions. Coordinates with clients, sponsors, and site personnel to ensure project needs are met.
• Assists in the development of client materials according to project requirements.
• Produces project-specific documentation, operating procedures, standards, and work flows with direction of more experienced staff.
• Writes and executes test scripts to verify software meets specifications.
• Processes incoming and outgoing project materials. Monitors, verifies, and tracks receipt of documentation and ensures appropriate distribution of materials to internal and external research personnel and sites.
• Performs general quality checks of client documentation.
• Prepares general correspondence, agendas and meeting minutes, reports, and other project-specific documentation. Ensures review, approval, and distribution to internal staff and external project participants.
• Designs, builds, and updates spreadsheets and other tracking tools to reflect project status.
• Identifies and investigates problems and recommends and implements corrective action.
• May coordinate activities of smaller, well-defined projects.
• Reports status of activities and problems to operations and project managers as appropriate.
• Performs data entry for data management projects.
• Performs library searches.
• Maintains clinical research records and related documents.
• Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ensures tasks are completed on time and work is of the highest quality possible.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in life science, health, or related field.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience. Previous work experience with a pharmaceutical company, CRO, or with NIH is preferred.
• Working knowledge of clinical research is preferred.
• Prior experience assisting with the preparation and management of clinical research is preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
• Strong attention to detail.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Altarum Institute - 2 years ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...