The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR is a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects from early childhood development to adult education as well as individual and organizational performance. AIR prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. AIR's vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people.
The Research Assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting and contributing to research projects, outreach and dissemination activities on the Regional Educational Laboratory- Midwest contract (REL Midwest), as well as other projects within the Education, Human Development and the Workforce Program.
This position will be based either in our Chicago or Naperville, IL office. A writing sample will be required
The Research Assistant provides analytical, statistical and The Research Assistant provides analytical, statistical and administrative support.
Responsibilities may include:
- Works on assignments under close supervision implementing standard policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative project support to senior management and clientele, where applicable.
- Assists in a variety of research and analysis tasks by collecting, compiling and checking data using standard practices and techniques.
- Conducts literature reviews and writes sections of proposals and deliverables.
- Responsible for maintaining and checking the accuracy of data for assigned projects.
- Utilizes external resources to supplement, organize, and contribute to tasks and projects.
- Performs computer modeling, simulation or simple forecasting using standard software packages.
- Learns to apply specialized quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
- Assists with organizing content for observations, focus groups, interviews, and other data collection activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Policy, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, or a related field in the social sciences, and basic research experience is required.
- A strong interest in the field of education and educational research is desired.
- Must possess an outstanding academic record, proficiency within Windows environment
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, data analysis, with the ability to review and produce data in tables
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...