The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR is currently seeking a Research Assistant to work in the National Center for the Analysis of Longitudinal Data in Education Research (CALDER). CALDER capitalizes on state administrative data files that extend from elementary school through postsecondary to examine the effects of education policies on student outcomes, including labor market outcomes.
The responsibilities of the Research Assistant include:
• Assist senior researchers in the analysis of large scale quantitative data and presentation of results
• Develop and maintain a broad understanding of current education reforms
• Conduct phone and in-person interviews
• Draft field notes and research results with quick turnaround time
• Use web-based and social media tools to facilitate the dissemination of research to the field
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, applied statistics or a social science is required.
• Superior quantitative research and data analysis skills including familiarity with statistical software (e.g. STATA, SAS)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
• Ability to pay close attention to detail while keeping larger project goals in mind
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities under time constraints
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...