Brandeis University is looking for a Research Assistant. This person will help conduct nutritional research in a lab dedicated to study of the nutritional impact on diabetes in an animal model. Must have good interpersonal skills and versatility in a research environment. Evidence of basic lab skills, preferably in lab techniques.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- maintains records for Nile rat breeding colony in nutritional pathology setting
- diet preparation (semipurified diets)
- weighing food+water intake to understand growth and obesity aspects
- measuring body weight/ blood glucose via tail puncture
- assisting with necropsies
- Background in biology/ biochemistry/ nutritional biochemistry
- Emphasize nutrition/ diabetes background
- Previous work experience in biomedical research preferred, but willing to train someone
- Microsoft Office skills
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html. Elect option for "External Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now.
Brandeis University operates under an affirmative action plan and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Brandeis University - 18 months ago