If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our team of diverse and motivated professionals at Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC). CHC is one of the country’s most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and mental health services to the uninsured and underinsured. CHC is building a world class primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. We are one of the leading health-care providers in the state of Connecticut, providing comprehensive primary care services in medicine, dentistry, and behavioral health. With more than 130,000 active patients, CHC is the health care home that works to keep our patients—and our communities—healthy. We go beyond the traditional health services to bring care wherever our patients and clients are, using innovative service delivery models and state of the art technology.
As a Research Assistant, you will be responsible to carry out specific research tasks related to the Pfizer Grant. This grant is for two years.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Works under general supervision of Research Director
- Responsible for data collection and intermediate level data analysis
- Interviewing potential research subjects
- Obtaining informed consent
- Prepares reports detailing procedures, outcomes and observations
- Administering surveys
- Utilizes establshed mathematical and scientific techniques to compile and analyze data
- Organizing team meetings and focus groups
- Library/online research/pub med searches
- Assistance with grant report writing and organization of grant submissions
- Assists with manuscript preparation and submission
- Completes EHR chart audits/data collection
- Develop Power Point presentations
- Manages databases to ensure integrity of data and compliance with research protocols
- Programs and runs MS Access eports
- SPSS data entry
- Travel between sites
Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plan, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more!
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline;
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum two years public health research experience
- Proven experience supporting research projects
- Experience with grant submission, annual reports, and updates
- Prior experience interviewing research subjects and obtaining informed consent
- Experience with IRB submission
- Knowledge of electronic health record systems
- Ability to mantain priority and focus
- Ability to follow procedures and protocols consistently
- Flexibility and attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office and internet related applications
- Current Driver’s license
Community Health Center, Inc.
One of Connecticut’s Leading Healthcare Providers
For Special Populations
Seeking Talented Healthcare and...