Hyperion Biotechnology is looking for a highly qualified individual to support one or more research investigators at the Naval Hospital, Jacksonville. You will perform a full range of RA services, on site, using Government-furnished facilities, equipment and supplies.
1. Execute and provide maintenance on research studies. Carry out tasks related to research studies as required by investigator.
2. Maintain files and records of ongoing research projects.
3. Subject recruitment and telephone screening.
4. Call research subjects, ask relevant research questions.
5. Arrange for research subject follow-up.
6. Assist with research subject visits.
7. Perform selected portions of research subject visit duties, for example, presenting questionnaires and collecting demographics.
8. Data collection.
9. Enter data into Microsoft Excel and Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) databases.
10. Transfer data from questionnaires and data sheets to the databases.
11. Preparation of progress reports.
12. Document all correspondence and communication pertinent to the research.
13. Keep a log of all correspondence and communication relating to the assigned duties.
14. Perform administrative duties related to the research such as obtaining signatures and delivering documents to CID (Clinical Investigation Department) for the investigators.
15. Maintain a friendly, “customer-first” perspective in dealing with patients.
16. Complete all paperwork as required.
17. Obtain patient's medical record/reports following appropriate procedures.
18. Obtain and document patient's current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct Standard Form or AHLTA entry before patient is in the exam room.
19. Obtain lab and x-ray results.
20. Organize, file and retrieve medical records according to clinic guidelines.
21. Make patient appointments by phone and with the use of Composite Health Care System (CHCS) or other method as prescribed by the Commander.
22. Provide other administrative duties that are within scope of work.
23. Attend conferences and other meetings as required by the protocol, the PI or sponsoring agency.
24. Perform necessary administrative duties which include maintaining statistical records of workload; operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA; and participating in clinical staff Performance Improvement and Risk Management functions, as prescribed by the Commander.
1. Completion of an Associate College Degree with a focus in Healthcare or related discipline (such as Biology or Psychology). The Government will accept the equivalency of a minimum of three years working experience in a hospital, physician’s office, or academic setting, i.e., pre-med student.
2. Be familiar with computers and software programs such as all components of Microsoft Office Suite.
3. The Research Assistant shall attend Command Orientation within 30 days of start date. Training will be held at either NMCP or the Branch Clinics. Training may be waived for individuals who have previously worked at NMCP or the Branch Clinics. Topics and length of training may vary from initial training.
4. The RA will complete online training on human subject protection (paid for by CID).
To apply: Please tell us what you’ve done that makes you perfect for this position. Submit your resume through this website only; no phone calls, please. Include your availability and desired salary.
Hyperion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. You may self-identify on a voluntary basis. No question on the form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. The company is required by federal regulations to report information as requested on the form. Your contribution of this information is completely voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your employment opportunity. The information you provide is strictly confidential and will be maintained separate from your application form. To access the form, cut and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/257YNVT