The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Research Assistant with the Markets, Trade and Institutions Division. The successful candidate will work with a team of other senior researchers at the IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC. Occasional travel to Bangladesh may be required. This is a one-year, fixed term, exempt, renewable appointment based in Washington, D.C.
This person will be responsible for providing support to two different projects, namely the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) and the Policy Research and Strategy Support Program (PRSSP). Below are the details:
• For ATA Program:
o support Flagship Publication for the ATA;
o produce summaries of the deliverables;
o coordinate with the partners.
• For the PRSSP:
o produce summaries of the PRSSP deliverables in 2011-2012;
o coordinate the value chain components of the PRSSP;
o provide general communication support.
• Other relevant job duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Political Science, Communications or a closely related field.
• Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
• Experiences with summarizing /synthesizing project documents.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
• Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• Ability to work independently and with initiative.
• Familiarity with popular software packages & Internet based systems.
• Familiarity with Africa, Asia, and/or Latin America.
• Skilled in programming in STATA and in managing household databases.
IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard