The Research Assistant’s primary role is to assist and support the clinical research department in developing and performing research to further bolster the clinical heritage and scientific validation of the Medifast brand. This role is essential for the research team in their successful development and execution of a wide variety of research initiatives.
1. Write research-related protocols and related materials and provide support to the research staff.
2. Perform data collection, documentation, entry, analysis, and interpretation of data.
3. Provide thoughtful insights/suggestions on both strategic and tactical aspects of projects.
4. Complete nutrition support, clinical research, or product development related projects.
5. Analyze emerging consumer trends and develop insights on product solutions or opportunities.
6. Assist in the development and execution of product/program related research. In-house research examples include IRB approved protocols, pilot studies, consumer research, etc.
7. As related to third-party research proposals, maintain, track, and facilitate the progress of research proposals and ideas through the internal review process.
8. Stay abreast of new research related to obesity, dietary supplements and other health-related product ingredients. Search and review pertinent databases and listserves.
9. Assist in the development of publications by researching background and other pertinent information. Examples of publications include peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts, book chapters, conference papers/presentations, research reports, or white papers.
10. Monitor consumer/population/health/disease and obesity trends to perform quantitative analyses of specific markets that will help determine the return on investment when evaluating a proposed research protocol.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, health sciences, or related field.
- 0-2 years research experience.
- Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and internet.
- Strong interest in health and wellness research.
- Strong organization and project presentation skills.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Must perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Medifast, Inc - 10 months ago
Medifast seeks to help people slim down and shape up... fast. The company develops and markets health and diet products under the Medifast...