NORC at the University of Chicago is always seeking qualified Research Assistants in Chicago, Illinois and Bethesda, Maryland.
- Literature reviews
- Statistical analyses of primary and secondary data
- Support of data collection activities to include preparation of memos, tables, and graphs based on findings
- Troubleshooting Computer Assisted Interviewing (CAI) issues
- Preparation of interviewer memos
- Development and participation in training programs
- General research support related to research conducted for federal and state governments, nonprofit groups and foundations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical reasoning, analytic, and writing skills
- Experience with computer-based data analysis (e.g. Excel, SAS, SPSS)
- The incumbent must demonstrate strong problem solving capability
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and in project teams
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.