Riverside Research's Education and Training Directorate has a full-time opening in the Dayton area for a Research Assistant. As a research assistant, duties may include, but are not limited to, collecting and analyzing data, coordinating and supporting faculty and student research efforts, and providing solutions to challenging operational needs of the Air Force.
• Expand and develop original research methodologies to support various agencies in the Department of Defense
• Create original software applications using various computer languages (e.g. Java, MATLAB, VBA)
• Provide technical support for graduate research through data collection, data mining, and statistical analysis
• Develop, document, and deliver transitional research based on faculty guidance and student research related to clients’ needs
• Travel and speak at technical conferences
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, or related discipline
• an in-depth knowledge of mathematical and statistical analysis techniques
• broad knowledge and skills in multiple programming languages (e.g. MATLAB, VBA, Mathematica, Java, C++)
• the ability to facilitate simultaneous collaboration with students, faculty, and research sponsors
• the ability to work autonomously and learn new research ideas and methods
• superior communications skills, both written and verbal
• the ability to learn and use statistical software
• must have or be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
• Master's degree in a technical field such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, or related discipline
Resumes must demonstrate specialized experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Applicants considered for employment are subject to verification of security clearances and other background investigations.
Riverside Research is an independent not-for-profit, scientific-research institution committed to enhancing the security of our nation...