JOB SUMMARY: The Research Assistant is responsible for work on evaluation and research projects related to the improvement of academic, adaptive, and social outcomes of children and their families. Evaluation and research is primarily related to initiatives being implemented by Summit and its collaborative partners and its funding sources. The position involves assisting in the collection and organization of data collected by Summit Educational Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Research Assistant must be able to consistently and successfully perform all of the following functions:
1. Help prepare quantitative data including, scoring psychological assessment tools and entering data into databases for statistical analyses.
2. Assist in the collection and interpretation of data using scientific or statistical techniques.
3. Report on status of research activities.
4. Assist in the creation and delivery of professional presentations on research and evaluation results.
5. Perform additional functions incidental to research activities.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – Bachelor’s degree in one of the social sciences (e.g. education; sociology) and 6 months of related experience. Must demonstrate knowledge and competencies in applied behavior analysis and experimental research design.
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – None required
• COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Must be an excellent communicator and able to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients both internal and external.
• OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES -
o Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience.
o Demonstrated quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
o Knowledge of the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS)
o Excellent attention to detail
o Strong ability to work independently
o Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office software