Our Research Assistant recruitment is a two-part application process. Please apply online through the website. Those who meet our minimum application qualifications as outlined in the Job Description will be contacted to submit additional materials required by our hiring committee. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Undertakes research, programming simulation, and statistical assistance to designated scholar(s).
BA/BS in Economics, Mathematics/Statistics with a minor in Economics required. Masters in similar fields or one-year job experience in economics and/or computer modeling preferred but not required. Competence to undertake research assignments with little supervision.
Strong computer skills and experience required. Experience handling large data sets and models preferred. Independent research experience preferred. Experience with software such as SAS, STATA, and other econometric packages required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
60% Programming Simulation and Statistical Assistance
05% Works with Website Coordinator and the scholar to
- Works jointly with senior scholars, prepares and revises programming code, simulation macros, database files and regression estimates.
- Prepares tables and graphs output from model simulations.
- Updates and checks existing databanks; assembles, consolidates, and checks data from new sources.
35% Research Assistance
- Update web pages in support of the scholar’s area of interest.
- Conduct Internet searches for related information to support documentation presented in related Web Pages.
- Write and edit summaries to be posted on pages relating to scholar's work.
- Gather related bibliographic, link and current event information in support of pages to be created for a scholar's topic area.
- Duties and responsibilities vary depending on designated scholars.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. No phone calls please. Brookings welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities.
- In collaboration with senior research staff, drafts material summarizing research results on specific topics as assigned, for incorporation into working papers and project publications
- Provides analytical reviews and summaries of existing literature pertinent to the projects.
- Locates and collects relevant documents and data from sources such as electronic databases, libraries, and government publications.
- Compiles, reads, abstracts, and organizes written material into bibliographic form and summaries.
- Maintains electronic bibliography files.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The Brookings Institution - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Brookings Institution may know an egghead or two (or 300). The non-partisan public policy organization is comprised of more than 300...